On 8 October 1929, the Compania Nacional Cubana de Aviacion Curtiss, S.A., (C.N.C.A.C.) was founded as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the North American group, part of the Curtiss aviation group~ It started domestic service on 29 October 1930 from Havana to Santiago de Cuba, via Cienfuegos-Santa Clara, Moron; and Camaguey with. Ford Tri-Motors which could carry 16 passengers.
Pan American Airways eliminated this new threat to its Caribbean domain by buying C.N.C.A.C. on 6 May 1932, shortening the name to C.N.C.A. Throughout the 1930s, this Cuban affiliate operated in association with its parent company as an efficient domestic regional airline, constantly improving its aircraft fleet and its schedules. Modern Lockheed L-10 Electras were introduced on 29 July 1935, reducing the Havana-Santiago journey time from 6hr 15m to 4hr 15m. The service was called "The Cuban Air Ltd."
As years passed by Cubana added new and better planes to its fleet, to read a brief history of some of the aircrafts used by CUBANA, click on any of the images we are showing below.
$9.00 Only 1 left in stock!